Conducts maintenance and construction projects on the grounds, building, and fences within the habitat and offices.
- Supervised by the Director of Facilities Development
- Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- Pre-employment Requirements: Drug Test, TB Test, Health Screen for wearing respiratory protective equipment, Valid Driver's License, Social Security Card, I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Post-employment is subject to random Drug and Alcohol Test and annual TB Test
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Development
- Repairs fencing, office buildings and barns, and provides general maintenance to all structures
- Participates in recycling program to include all aspects of The Sanctuary
- Provides maintenance to habitat road pathways
- Performs/arranges for vehicle and equipment repairs
- Maintains grounds, plants trees, and landscapes property
- Mows, weeds, and performs other related tasks as needed
- Hauls and disposes animal waste
- Works with contractors for outsourced projects
Qualifications and competencies
- High school diploma
- Mimimum of 5 years experience in building, grounds, equipment repair and maintenance
- Experience operating heavy equipment; e.g., backhoe, bulldozer, skid steer, tractor, forklift, auto repair
- Valid driver's license, insurable, and ability to safely operate agency vehicles, 4-wheelers, lifts and other related equipment, and will adhere to The Sanctuary's policies regarding safe operation of same
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical
- Well, septic and plumbing systems, auto repair, and general carpentry.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints
- Able to repeatedly lift, move, or carry 75 lbs
- Able to climb and work comfortably on 30' ladder
- Able to walk several miles in hilly, rough terrain
Forward your resume and cover letter to Joe Rizzo, Director of Facilities Development at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
No telephone calls please. All applications will be held in strict confidence.