POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Manager is responsible for the overall success of The Elephant Sanctuary’s comprehensive, multi-channel annual fund raising program. This position will provide direction and oversight of all aspects of annual giving to include: direct mail, online fundraising, donor database maintenance and appeal segmentation, donor benefit planning and fulfillment and gift processing. This position will serve in a leadership role on the Development Team in close coordination with the Communications Manager, Education Manager and Controller.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement, track and measure a multi-channel annual giving plan to include direct mail, online giving, donor research and cultivation, and other creative fundraising strategies
- Create and implement strategic fundraising messages on donor segmentation and research
- Analyze effectiveness of various fundraising messages based on donor segmentation and research
- Oversee development of materials for fundraising campaigns and appeals
- Develop and manage annual expense budget for fundraising appeals and events
- Monitor the monthly progress of annual giving results compared to financial goals
- Manager donor benefit implementation
- Identify major donor and prospects for cultivation
- Serve as a resource to the Board of Directors in all efforts related to Development
- Responsible for identifying and securing corporate sponsorships and managing corporate relations to maximize The Sanctuary’s visibility and support of the missions
- Meeting established annual target for increased revenue
- Assist in developing strategies to increase gift shop sales
- Analyze and prepare initial grants and manage communications to foundations as appropriate
- Develop and implement strategies targeted to increase planned giving by Donors
- Coordinate special events as identified to effectively market The Sanctuary and increase interest from potential Donors to The Sanctuary
- Manage all corporate relations to maximize The Sanctuary’s visibility and identify related activities that directly support the mission of The Sanctuary
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES:
- Bachelor Degree in related field OR equivalent relevant work experience.
- Three to five years proven fundraising abilities and ability to identify and locate potential Donors
- Working knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar gift tracking software
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Must possess excellent public relations skills, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills which transcend diverse audiences
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, teamwork and dedication to the mission
- Primarily sedentary work. Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting.
Forward your resume and cover letter to Michelle Thompson, Human Resources at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
No telephone calls please. All applications will be held in strict confidence.