Electrician / Facilities Maintenance
Conducts maintenance and construction projects on the grounds, building, and fences within the habitat and offices.
- Supervised by the Director of Facilities Development
- Position Type: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- Pre-employment Requirements: Drug Test, TB Test, Health Screen for wearing respiratory protective equipment, Valid Drivers License, Social Security Card, I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification, Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Post-employment is subject to random Drug and Alcohol Tests and annual TB Test
Under the direction of the Director of Facilities Development:
- Repairs fencing, office buildings, and barns, and provides general maintenance to all structures
- Participates in recycling program to include all aspects of The Sanctuary
- Provides maintenance to habitat road pathways
- Performs/arranges for vehicle and equipment repairs
- Maintains grounds, plants trees, and landscapes property
- Mows, weeds, and performs other related tasks as needed
- Hauls and disposes of animal waste
- Works with contractors for outsourced projects
Qualifications and competencies
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 5 years experience in building, grounds, equipment repair and maintenance.
- Experience operating heavy equipment; e.g., backhoe, bulldozer, skid steer, tractor, forklift, auto repair
- Valid driver’s license, insurable, and ability to safely operate agency vehicles, 4-wheelers, lifts and other related equipment, and will adhere to The Sanctuary’s policies regarding safe operation of same
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical
- 3 to 5 years electrical experience, licensed elect
- Well, septic and plumbing systems, auto repair, and general carpentry
- Master Welder / Fabricator preferred• Ability to read schematics and blueprints.
- Able to repeatedly lift, move, or carry 75 lbs
- Able to climb and work comfortably on 30’ ladder
- Able to walk several miles in hilly, rough terrain
At-Will Employment: The State of Tennessee and The Sanctuary recognize all employment to be ‘at-will’. This means that you, the employee, as well as The Sanctuary can terminate employment at any time, with or without advance notice and with or without cause.
Equality Employment Opportunity: It is our policy to treat you and all employees equally without regard to race, color, religion, age gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drug Free Workplace: The Sanctuary is a drug, alcohol, and tobacco free workplace and prohibits all employees from using non-prescribed drugs, alcohol, or tobacco in any form while on duty.
Employees are subject to E-Verify to assure they are eligible to work in the United States.
Forward your resume and cover letter to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
No telephone calls please. All applications will be held in strict confidence.