The Elephant Sanctuary provides captive elephants companionship, individualized care, and the opportunity to live out their lives in a safe haven dedicated to their wellbeing.
On this page, you will find the most up-to-date information on employment opportunities with The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee.
As an equal opportunity employer, it is our policy to treat all employees equally without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within an environment that is mission-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills. Ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive support services to the CEO that ensures outstanding communication and responsiveness
- Coordinates meetings, appointments, schedules and travel arrangements
- Support with internal and external communications
- Conduct research and analysis on issues of interest
- Prepare and edit correspondence, presentations, reports and memos
- Support CEO in strategic communications, organizational strategy and all other special projects as assigned
- Organize meetings and other logistics
- Maintain quality filing and communications systems including but not limited to contract management, document management and archiving
- Maintains and updates governance documents for the organization including those of the Boards’ and the organization as assigned
- Assist in taking meeting minutes and other administrative tasks as assigned
Success Factors and Expectations
Excellent Communicator – Possess strong written and verbal communication skills. Communicating respectfully and effectively with others.
Self-Motivated – Perform the job with minimal supervision and learn other general aspects of the Sanctuary. Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
Professionalism – Function with a strong work ethic and with a professional demeanor. Ability to recognize and understand issues and problems.
Team Oriented – Develop strong working relationships with other Sanctuary employees, senior management and the board
Dependable and Reliable – Come to work and be on time. Follow procedures and maintain accurate records related to all aspects of responsibility
Job Requirements and Prerequisites
- BS, BA or Master’s degree required
- 2 years related work experience
- Familiar with non-profit sector
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to take initiative, multitask, be a team player, flexible, adapt to shifting priorities with the ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Demonstrated writing and analytical skills.
- Excellent organization skills, commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Good judgment and ability to function independently
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations with diplomacy
- Experience in electronic communications
- MUST be willing to work in Hohenwald, Tennessee 3 to 5 day a week
At-Will Employment: The State of Tennessee and The Sanctuary recognize all employment to be "at-will." This means that you, the employee, as well as The Sanctuary can terminate employment at any time, with or without advance notice and with or without cause.
Equality Employment Opportunity: It is our policy to treat you and all employees equally without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or disability.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drug Free Workplace: The Sanctuary is a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free workplace and prohibits all employees from using non-prescribed drugs, alcohol, or tobacco in any form while on duty.
Employees are subject to E-Verify to ensure they are eligible to work in the United States.
Forward your resume and cover letter to
Email: email@example.com or
No telephone calls, please. All applications will be held in strict confidence.