World Elephant Day
Wednesday, August 12 is World Elephant Day
'Bringing the world together to help elephants'
Join us as we celebrate World Elephant Day, virtually!
Family-friendly activities and learning opportunities are available all day long.
Celebrate and raise awareness for elephants from your home:
- Looking for a fun activity to do with your kids? Download the EleCam Scavenger Hunt activity and work through it together, at your own pace! Visit www.elephants.com/elecam to view live-streaming EleCams.
- Download Elephant Origami Craft instructions! Share your creations on social media and tag The Sanctuary!
- Instagram: @theelephantsanctuary
- Facebook: @elephantsanctuarytn
- Twitter: @elephantsTN
- Join The Sanctuary at 10 a.m. PST (12 p.m. CDT, 1 p.m. EST) for a Skype-in-the-Classroom LIVE event, fun and free for the whole family.
- Tune in to Facebook Live to watch conversations with The Sanctuary's International Partners and author of Last Chain on Billie, Carol Bradley.
🌿 8:00 a.m. CDT Conversation with Wild Welfare
🌿 10:00 a.m. CDT Conversation with Elephants without Borders
🌿 2:00 p.m. CDT Conversation with Working Dogs for Conservation
🌿 4:00 p.m. CDT Conversation with Wildlife SOS
🌿 6:00 p.m. CDT Conversation with Carol Bradley
- Pledge to take action for elephants — our goal is to reach 500 pledges today!
- Take a pledge and be entered to receive a one-time 10% off code for The Elephant Sanctuary's online shop (some exclusions apply). The Sanctuary will randomly select five winners and will be in touch via the email address you provide upon pledging.
- Create a Fundraiser for The Sanctuary, it only takes a minute to set up! Share your inspiration. Add a photo. And just like that, you’ll be ready to start raising money to help change the lives of elephants.
- Click play on the video below to watch a specially-curated 'World Elephant Day' video playlist.
At The Sanctuary, we believe public knowledge is key to creating a world where elephants no longer live under the constant threat of poaching, habitat loss, conflict, or capture.
As part of our World Elephant Day celebration, The Sanctuary's Education Team is spending the day conducting Distance Learning programs for life-long learners of all ages all around the globe!
If you missed The Sanctuary's Skype-in-the-Classroom LIVE event (August 12 at 12 p.m. CDT) but would like to schedule a Distance Learning program in the future for your family, classroom, or community group, visit www.elephants.com/distance-learning.